Panama City Beach will host over 50 college students this Spring Break who are volunteering to remove trash from the beaches of Bay county. The first group of students will arrive March 8, and clean the beaches through March 22. One group will come in the first weekend in April to do a final cleanup.
Four major universities, through the coordination of Break Away, will send students to spend their alternative spring breaks on the white sands of the World’s Most Beautiful Beaches. Instead of partying, these alternative breakers will be picking up litter, measuring the amount of trash and educating the community and their fellow college students about the importance of keeping the beach clean.
The four participating universities are Appalachian State University, East Carolina University, Louisiana State University and Florida State University. (FSU is still in the process of getting approval, but we’re pretty sure they’re coming.)
Thousands of college students arrive every year to play at the most popular U.S. Spring Break destination, but many spring breakers have proven to leave their scruples back home and choose to trash the beach (along with their brain cells and reputations). This first annual “Keep The Beach Clean Spring Break 2008” will introduce a new way of thinking for the average spring breaker. In addition to helping clean up the spring break trash problem, it is also intended to clean up the image that these college students leave on the community each year.
For more information, please contact Kirk Lancaster at 404-429-5386, or info@KeepTheBeachClean.com
Goals of the program:
1. Educate student volunteers about the importance of fighting beach and ocean/gulf pollution.
2. Have the student volunteers spread the information they learn.
3. Inspire the traditional spring breaker not to leave trash on the beaches.
4. Prove to the community / world that many college students care about their communities and environment.
5. Prove to the “anti-spring break” citizens of Bay County that they can quit complaining and actually do something about the problems that certain tourist segments bring to our beautiful beaches.
1. Students will be cleaning the beaches Monday through Friday, March 8 – 22. One last group will come in the weekend of April 4-6 to do a final spring break cleanup and trash analysis.
2. KeepTheBeachClean.com is the organizing sponsor.
3. Royal American Hospitality is the corporate sponsor.
4. Surfrider Foundation is providing educational support.
5. Break Away (http://www.alternativebreaks.org/) is the coordinating sponsor
Thanks to PanamaCityBeach.com for helping us spread the word to students.
There are many benefits of a healthy lifestyle. But can remedies help us? However, there are online pharmacies that sell discount medicaments to customers who need them at low costs. Many pharmacies offer to their consumers Viagra. Viagra is a medicine used to treat various troubles. What do you know about “buy cialis online with mastercard“? Usually, when people think about ED, they think “how to buy cialis online“. Matters, like “best online pharmacy to buy cialis“, are linked sundry types of medical problems. Having erectile dysfunction can be a real problem. Such medication may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. Your remedy is for you only. Never give Viagra to other people even if their symptoms to be the same as yours.